The following are 9 steps to glowing up instantly but keep in mind that this glow up is very temporary- if you want a permanent glow up, take a look at my 8-Week Summer Glow Up Plan (+Summer Shred Challenge without Weights). This How To guarantees that you’ll feel confident and good about yourself because that’s what getting ready does to me and most girls too. The whole point of this glow up is to make you look more put-together and our society’s definition of pretty.
- Oil your hair the night before. This will help nourish your scalp and hair, and give your hair a certain softeness and shine after you take a shower. Make sure not to apply too much shampoo because that will just strip your hair off all the oil (natural and applied), which will give the opposite result.
- Go to sleep early + Wake up early. This will help elevate your mood and make you feel more prepared to carpe diem (seize the day). You’ll feel much better about yourself because waking up early allows ample time for productivity, self-reflection and relaxation.
- Take a pampering bath. By this, I mean cleanse and exfoliate your skin properly- do a mini or a full-fledged facial, manicure and pedicure. If your hair removal is due, make sure to add that to the bath.
Related: How To do a Manicure at Home
- Moisturise your skin. You just cleansed and exfoliated your skin, if you do not moisturize it, you’ll end up with dry and wrinkly skin in your 20’s, which is only kind of an exaggeration. Moisturising your skin is really important because it will give your skin a certain glow as well as nourish it.
- Apply (a little bit of) oil on your eyelashes. This will make your eyelashes look longer- I usually apply olive oil using a mascara-brush. By using a mascara-brush, the oil will make your eyelashes look instantly longer, thicker and curled, giving the impression of falsies or lash extensions. However, this is definitely more temporary than that.
- Wear a chic outfit. What’s a glow up without a cute and chic outfit? It is so important that you style yourself properly because you don’t just want to look more put-together– you want to look good.
- Paint your nails (optional). I absolutely love applying nail polish because it adds a kick to my glow up. This isn’t a must, so instead, you can just file your nails and make them look neat by buffing them at the end. An easy alternative to painting your nails is applying fake nails if you’ve got any lying around at home.
- Apply makeup (optional). Again, this would make your glow up more obvious and if you’re anything like me, it’ll make you feel super good about yourself. Let me break it to you though, you’re gorgeous without makeup too- you do not need makeup to look pretty because that’s one of the worst things society has taught us- to be dependent on makeup in order to feel confident and good about ourselves. However, there is absolutely no harm in doing it because it will definitely enhance your look.
- Style your hair. You do not need to apply heat but I’d recommend styling your hair differently than you normally would- meaning, you could braid it, curl it, wear a bandana, straighten it, crimp it, tie it up, bun it etc. There are so many hairstyles you can try out.
Voila, there you go- a quick and easy way to glow up at home. Don’t forget to take pictures!