Every girl needs several (hundred) tips and tricks she can count on for anything and everything, so here are a few for you. Quite a few of these hacks are points I can’t live without.
To Smell Good All Day
- Apply (scented) lotion right after your shower
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that have the same scent
- Apply body spray over vaseline-rubbed skin to make the scent last longer
- Take a shower in the morning
- Brush your teeth three times a day
- Brush your tongue
- Always have chewing gum (I love watermelon) or breath mints with you
- Use shea butter body lotions
- Invest in good hair mayonnaise.
- Use conditioner before shampooing (great for fine hair)
- Change your partings often to maintain volume
- Start brushing your hair from the bottom and slowly move upwards to minimise breakage
- Brush your hair every night before sleeping, from the scalp to the roots for eevn distribution of natural hair oils (this helps in growing your hair)
- Apply clear nail polish on the inside of your rings to avoid green stains
- Hang your purses with shower curtain hooks
- Baking soda (covered in something, of course) in flats helps prevent smell
- Organise boots with clothing hangers (that have sliding clips to hold the boots)
- Ice cubes help remove gum from hair (the gum hardens, making it easier to come off)
- Nail polish remover on henna/mehndi stains helps lighten them.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day to minmise random snacking and cravings
- Green tea helps remove dark circles and redness
- Remove makeup with lotion or oil on a cotton pad if removers are unavailable/finished
- Have Chamomile tea to help you fall asleep
- Have a warm glass of milk + a little bit of turmeric to help you fall asleep
- Lavender-scented items make it easier to fall asleep, eg: oil, bath bombs etc.
- Make the temperature cooler (but keep yourself warm with a blanket) if you’re having trouble sleeping
- Meditate before sleeping