I read this post and immediately liked the idea, so I decided to make my own list too! This is a list of things I cannot wait to do but the lockdown says otherwise, so instead, I’m stuck at home with wishful thinking.
- Go to the salon. First things first, of course. Sure, I’m pampering myself with facials and masks at home but gosh, I’m in dire need of a trip to the salon. I need a proper facial, manicure and pedicure- I couldn’t give more than a month between my trips to the salon before the pandemic, so I’m not even exaggerating when I say that this is the first thing I’m going to do when the lockdown is lifted.
- Eat out. Don’t get me wrong- I’m glad that my unhealthy eating out has come to a pause but the length of this pause is questionable… I’ve been craving Nando’s for two days now and it’s not getting any better.
- Go to the mall. I need new summer clothes and even though online shopping is fun, I prefer physically being able to see and try on what I’m about to buy.
- Go to the park. I used to go the park almost daily and I’d try to get to 3km of walking and running- sometimes I’d do more than that and sometimes slightly less. I absolutely love running and even though I can still run at home, it’s not the same.
- Meet up with friends and cousins. This is quite obvious. Calling friends and cousins is not the same as meeting them.
- Paint my furniture and change my wallpaper. Staying at home all day and all night has made me realize that I need to do something new with my room. I’ve only ever changed the layout of my room once from the way it was in 2016 and the furniture is still the same, so I just want a change. I want my brown furniture to be painted white and I’ve got this cute sunset-beach wallpaper that’s worn-out, so I’ve got to change that.
- Buy super cute school supplies for A-levels. I was so excited about starting A-levels and had planned all the stuff that I was going to buy- from pens to pouches to notebooks. I’ll probably have to do that online now, so I definitely need to search for cute stationery shops that deliver here (to Pakistan).
- Go on a long drive WITH the windows down.
What’s on your post-pandemic bucket list?