The following aren’t really in any specific order but I definitely added Kylie Jenner at the top on purpose. This is not a list of my idols (I don’t have any) or people I’m obsessed with (I don’t think I’ve got any of those either, except for maybe myself, haha); it’s just a list of famous strangers who have had positive impacts on my life!
- Kylie Jenner: Who hasn’t heard of her? She’s the world’s youngest self-made billionaire and has succeeded in inspiring me the most. Kylie Cosmetics is my favorite makeup brand and Kylie Skin comes second to Bath and Body Works. P.S. Her office is definitely going to be the inspiration behind mine once I decide to do something in the future.
- Paulo Coelho: Author of The Alchemist, which is a book that completely changed my life. I read this a few years back and the novel had a huge impact on my way of thinking. It’s totally a must-read.
- Dr. Seuss: His play with words is no stranger to any of us. Dr Seuss might just be one of the first people who inspired me and I remember hoarding his poems in Grade 4. In fact, you’ll even see one of his quotes on my blog (at the bottom of the page)!
- Robert Frost: This is the name behind my all-time favorite poem, The Road not Taken, which I recited once in Grade 5 and once in Grade 10. This poem is beautifully written and the words had the power to change the way I looked at decisions and crossroads.
- Selena Gomez: Besides from having amazing hair and a great sense of style, Selena Gomez’ latest album, Rare, has made me believe in the power I have as an individual and has really highlighted the importance of self-acceptance. I blame my sassiness and ego on her songs, which is totally a compliment.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: Author of The Little Prince. This is another story that completely changed my life and is, hands down, my favorite novella, which I hold very dear to my heart.
- Elena Taber: You might not have heard of her because she isn’t some famous celebrity. In fact, she’s a Youtuber. Now, I normally wouldn’t have added a Youtuber to this list (sorry) because I don’t really find anything more than temporary entertainment from their videos but her videos are completely different. I’m not really sure how to explain what I love about her vlogs but I just find them very light-hearted, hopeful and they literally just lift my mood and make me want to become a better person.