See this blog post for my experience with this recipe. Your mashed potatoes should turn out to be delicious! The featured image is not mine, so if you want to see how my mashed potatoes turned out, check out the linked blog post!
Related: Milk Cake Recipe
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (8 ounces)
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 2-3 tbsp of black pepper (additional)
How To: Half-and-Half at Home (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of light cream
Related: Chicken Manchurian Recipe
- Boil the potatoes.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of salt.
- Heat the butter separately at low heat until melted.
- Heat the half-and-half in a third saucepan at low heat and add 1 tbsp of salt to it.
- Drain and peel the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and add the dairy (first, the butter until it is absorbed).
- Let it sit and add finishing touches (black pepper etc.).
Related: Beignets Recipe + Buttermilk Recipe