See this blog post for my baking experience and a reference to the original recipe I followed. The following recipe is almost the same but has some additional points and changes that I realized I needed to make.
- 4 large eggs at room temperature (If they are not large, then it’s important that you use 5 smaller eggs at room temperature)
- 2 cups of fine sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 10 tbsp of butter
- Preheat the oven to 180-degrees Celsius.
- Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar simultaneously.
- Add the vanilla extract
- Combine the flour and baking powder separately and beat that into the batter-to-be.
- Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan at low heat just until the butter melts.
- Gradually add this to batter and continue to beat it until everything is mixed well.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake until the batter is no longer liquid and the top layer of the cake is golden-brown (it should take 45 minutes).
- Flip the cake and bake again (for 20 minutes) until the bottom is no longer liquid.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I’m obviously not some legendary chef but I found this recipe to work great for me and it’s been altered according to my own experience. The cake tasted great and it definitely was quite sweet, so you can always reduce the sugar slightly.